A Donut Maker Machine is an ingenious device that makes it super easy to create a variety of different flavored donuts at the same time.
Now, in my opinion, these are the Best Electric Donut Maker Machines:
- Baby Cakes Mini Donut Maker (The cheapest)
- Brentwood Donut Maker (Takes up minimal space)
- Chef Buddy (Donuts can be flipped while baking)
- Baby Cakes Treat Maker (Most versatile)
- Sunbeam Full Size Donut Maker (Best for large donuts)
- Nostalgia Cake Pop and donut hole bakery (Creates a unique shape)
- VonShef Mini Donut Electric Maker (Ideal for large families or a food truck)
- Throwback Cupcake, Donut & Waffle Maker (Most modern design)
- Zinnor Automatic Donut Machine (Suitable for commercial work)
*The term donuts or doughnuts refer to the same dessert.
Why You Should Buy a Donut Maker
Donut makers allow you to quickly and easily make really tasty donuts and most importantly the majority of these donut makers bake their donuts instead of frying them which is much more healthy.
1. Baby Cakes Mini Donut Maker
This Baby donut maker is one of the cheapest electric donut maker machines on the market.
It makes 4 mini Donuts. Each mini donut is about an average of 2 inches wide and 3/4 inches thick.
The Baby Cake Donut Maker bakes the donuts so you don’t have to use any oil for frying. So it’s great for kids as well as adults who are looking for a healthier way of enjoying donuts.
The Baby Cakes Donut Maker is the perfect addition to a dorm room or a home.
It is also easy to use, just spray the donut pocket with cooking spray, preheat, pour, bake for 3-4 minutes and voila you’re done.
The Baby Cakes brand also makes another quality donut maker which makes 6 mini donuts but the price of this one is slightly more expensive.
1- It has a latching handle that safely secures your donuts inside and thus allowing the heat to properly disperse to bake the donuts evenly.
2- Comes with non-stick baking plates which makes it easier to remove the cooked donuts out of the donut maker. And it makes clean up a breeze, just wipe down the surface of the baking plates with a damp cloth.
3- Built-in Illuminated Power Light to Guide you – the light turns on when you’ve plugged the donut maker in, letting you know that it’s heating up. When it reaches the right temperature for baking, it blinks off.
4- Has Non-skid rubber feet which makes it hard for the donut maker to move when you are pouring the batter into the baking plates.
5- Plus it comes with 4 easy donut recipes and 4 glaze recipes in the instruction manual.
Pros of Baby Cakes Mini Donut Maker
- There is no need to use oil as these donuts are baked not fried.
- One of the most affordable donut maker on the market.
- Quick and easy clean-up.
- It is compact and has a visually attractive yellow color.
Cons of Baby Cakes Mini Donut Maker
- This donut maker has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other).
The Baby Cakes Maker works on 110 volts of electricity.
Where to Get the Baby Cake Donut Maker
2. Brentwood Mini Donut Maker Machine
The Brentwood Mini Donut Maker won’t take up much space and yet still has the capacity to make 7 mini donuts in a matter of minutes
This is one of the smallest donut makers in terms of the size of the machine. It weighs 3.13lbs and its dimensions are 10.9 x 9.6 x 5.7 inches.
The Brentwood Donut maker can stand upright saving valuable counter space, especially in a small kitchen.
On average it takes 2 minutes to preheat and 4 minutes to bake the donuts. This depends on how thick the batter is.
The Brentwood Donut maker can be used for both sweet as well as savory donuts and other desserts such as brownies, cakes, muffins and more.
1- The Brentwood Mini Donut Maker Machine has non-stick plates which makes it easy to remove the donuts. It also makes clean up a breeze just wipe the donut plates with a damp cloth.
2- It features two indicator lights. A Power light tells you when the machine is on and preheat indicator lights inform you when the plates are hot and ready.
3- Vertical feet allow the unit to stand upright for incredibly small storage and will save space in a cramped kitchen.
By having vertical legs also saves your countertop from heat.
4- This donut maker has a cord wrap feature that stores the power cord inside the bottom of the unit so you can store the unit without having to wrap the wire around the machine.
5- It has cool-touch handles which makes it easy to operate when hot.
Pros of the Brentwood Donut Maker
- For safety, the mini donut maker will automatically shut off if it senses overheating.
- Non-skid rubber feet keep it anchored safely to your counter
- The Brentwood TS-250 electric donut maker fits conveniently on your countertop and takes up little space.
- No need to use oil to fry the donut.
- It comes in a whimsical pink color.
Cons of the Brentwood Donut Maker
- It has no latching handle to secure your donuts inside safely like the Baby Cakes Donut Maker.
Where to Get the Brentwood Donut Maker
You can get it on Amazon, you can click here to see the current price there.
3. Chef Buddy Mini Donut Maker
The Chef Buddy is also one of the few donut makers that allow the donuts to be flipped if deemed necessary during the cooking process. It is very similar to the Brentwood Donut Maker as it also makes 7 mini donuts (2-inch diameter).
The Chef Buddy Mini donut maker is, however, cheaper than the Brentwood but does not have as many safety features as the Brentwood. Click here to get the current price of the Chef Buddy Donut Maker. It is perfect for a family and won’t break the bank.
It takes about 2 minutes to pre-heat and 3-5 minutes to bake.
1- Comes with a Non-Stick coating which allows for the cooked donuts to be easily removed and makes clean up much easier.
2- Has a Power-on indicator light which shows that donut maker is on, while the ready to cook indicator light indicates that the donut maker has been properly preheated.
3- It also features an easy to open cool-touch handle which makes it easier to handle when hot.
Pros of the Chef Buddy Mini Donut Maker
- It is very affordable
- It bakes the donuts very quickly, you can have donuts in under 10 minutes made from scratch.
- It allows the donuts to be physically flipped halfway during the cooking process allowing the donuts to be browned evenly on both sides.
- This is not mandatory but an option. you can leave the donuts to be cooked without flipping them too.
- It comes in a lavender color.
Cons of the Chef Buddy Mini Donut Maker
- It does not have a latching lid that secures the batter inside while cooking.
- when the lid is extended it stands at 12 inches tall making it difficult to use under low hanging cabinets.
4. Baby Cakes Multi-Treat Maker
The Baby Cakes Multipurpose Treat Maker is extremely versatile and one of the best donut makers on the market. It is easy to use and very durable.
This donut maker comes with 3 interchangeable non-stick baking plates which can make donuts, cake pops, and cupcakes. It can make 7 cupcakes, 7 donuts or 12 cake pops
If you want the option of making donuts as well as other desserts, this maker is the one for you, plus it makes all these desserts faster than a conventional oven.
It can also be used to make mini bite-size savory treats perfect for a snack.
1- The Baby Cakes Multi- Treat Maker has 3 types of interchangeable non-stick baking plates, however, you will receive 6 plates total.
- Two donut plates, with one for the top and one for the bottom of the maker,
- And Two cupcake plates one for the top and one for the bottom
- Plus two cake pop pans one for top and one for the bottom of the machine.
2- It has a Power and Ready light to indicate when the dessert is finished baking.
3- Baby Cakes Multi -Treat Maker has a Latching handle that secures the batter safely inside the maker.
4- It also features non-skid rubber feet and convenient cord wrap.
5- The treat maker also includes recipe booklet with hints & suggestions
Pros of the Baby Cakes Treat Maker
- The cooking plates are nonstick as well as removable meaning that you can remove them and wash them in warm soapy water making clean up a breeze.
- It can create a wide variety of both sweet and savory desserts.
- It saves you from buying other dessert makers because it is a 3 in 1 combination.
- No need to add oil to cook your donuts
- It comes in a fun red color
- On average the treat maker takes 5 minutes to bake the donuts.
Where to Get Baby Cakes Multi Treat Maker
5. Sunbeam Full Sized Donut Maker
The Sunbeam Full Size donut maker can make donuts that are about twice the size of mini donuts but a bit smaller than commercial donuts. The finished diameter of the donuts is about two inches.
This donut maker makes 5 medium-sized donuts and is perfect for a family.
The donuts are baked not fried making them healthier and it takes minutes to bake the donuts.
1- Has warm-up & ready lights to indicate that the doughnut maker is on and heating
2- Lid latch holds the donut maker closed while making donuts and is designed to stand upright to minimize storage space.
3- Non-stick plates make clean up easy and stress-free, just wipe it clean.
Pros of The Sunbeam Donut Maker
- The donuts made in the machine are larger than those in a mini donut maker.
- It has a fun design, shaped like an oversized version of the delicious treat, complete with rounded lid, center cutout, and printed sprinkles add a sparkle to the maker.
- The Sunbeam brand manufactures quality products and this donut maker is no exception.
Cons of The Sunbeam Donut Maker
- The front has a snap close latch and you to open it carefully without touching the rest of the very hot machine.
- The price is on the higher end of cost for these products
Where to Get Sunbeam Donut Maker
6. Nostalgia Cake Pop & Donut hole Maker
The Nostalgia Cake Pop and donut hole maker is for those who like their donuts in the donut hole shaped form.
It can also make cake pops and other savory treats. The size of their treats are larger than the Baby Cakes Multi-Treat Maker.
This donut maker also bakes its donuts instead of frying them.
The donuts are baked in 5-7 minutes.
1- It has a Non-stick coating for easy cooking and clean-up.
2- It has power and indicator lights.
3- The donut hole maker Includes 25 bamboo cake pop sticks for a fun take on presenting the desserts.
4- There are also recipes included for donuts, muffins, brownies bites and more.
Pros of the Nostalgia Donut and Cake Pop Maker
- The donut holes are large about the size of a commercial store-bought donut hole.
- It creates perfectly round treats
- It has vertical legs saving your countertop from heat
Cons of the Nostalgia Donut and Cake Pop Maker
- The Nostalgia Donut Maker does not make the traditional shape of a donut.
Where to Get Nostalgia Donut Hole Maker
Amazon usually have them in stock, you can click here to see the current for the Nostalgia there.
7. VonShef Mini Donut Electric Maker
This kitchen gadget is the perfect donut maker for a large family or even for use in a party or food truck. It makes 12 mini donuts without the use of oil for frying the donut.
The VonShef brings the bakery into your very own kitchen, allowing you to create truly mouth-watering desserts in mere 5 minutes per batch.
Heat is dispensed fro the top and bottom of the machine so the donut maker cooks evenly.
1- Ultra-fast heat up. Get cooking quickly rather than waiting around the kitchen.
2- A non-stick coating, which makes removing your cooked donuts and cleaning the machine incredibly simple and fuss-free.
3- Power and ready light indicators let you know when the Donut Maker is ready for use and when your donuts are cooked and ready to enjoy.
4- Automatic temperature control to ensure perfect donuts every time!
5- Cool touch handle makes it easy to use when hot.
Pros of the VonShef Mini Donut Maker
- It makes 12 donuts at once.
- You can make a variety of different types of donuts at once perfect for a party.
- Bright Red Color and modern design.
You can get the Vonshef at Walmart
8. Throwback Mini Cupcake, Donut & Waffle Maker
The Throwback 3 in 1 machine is Stainless Steel and has a modern aesthetically pleasing design.
With 3 types of interchangeable plates it makes 12 mini cupcakes, 12 mini donuts or 12 waffle sticks.
It’s great to make healthy snacks for parties or just an afternoon snack it more healthy because it bakes the dessert not fries them.
It features a 1400 watt heating system, that comes with 6 interchangeable nonstick cooking plates that remove easily for quick cleanup.
The slim, compact unit is easy to store when not in use. It includes everything you need to start baking: a squeeze bottle for dispensing batters and glazes and a set of recipes.
Pros of the Throwback Countertop Mini Cupcake, Donut & Waffle Maker
- It saves you from buying three different appliances because it is multi-functional.
- The plates can be removed and cleaned.
- The device makes 12 donuts or cupcakes or waffles at once.
Cons of the Throwback Countertop Mini Cupcake, Donut & Waffle Maker
- The electrical cord is very short
Where to Get the ThrowBack Donut Maker
You can get it on Amazon, you can click here to see the current price for it.
9. Zinnor Automatic Donut Making Machine
The Zinnor Automatic Donut Making Machine is a commercial grade donut machine. Perfect for use in a bakery or donut shop or restaurant.
The biggest size is an 80-90mm donut and it produces 850 donuts per hour.
The middle size is a 60-70mm donut and it produces 950 donuts per hour.
The mini size is a 40-50mm donut and it produces 1100 donuts per hour.
1- The entire machine is made of stainless steel.
2- It has automatic forming equipment and automatic temperature controller plus it automatically turns the donut.
3- The height of the outlet can be adjusted according to the level of the oil because the machine uses a screw to adjust.
4- It can adjust the thickness of the donut through adjusting the amount of the materials. electrical controller to control the whole process.
5- The convenient doughnut mix can make delicious crisp golden doughnuts, we can also add peanut, or sesame, or fruit nut on the cookie surface when forming, automatic adding by machine.
6- The Zinnor donut machine makes three sizes of donuts, producing mini doughnut, medium-sized doughnut, and large doughnut (to make the thick or thin doughnuts, you just adjust the inside diameter to do).
Pros of the Zinnor Donut Maker
- It has a large hopper design.
- The Zinnor Machine has a simple operation and a very high efficiency.
- It saves valuable time and energy.
- No need to stand for hours in the heat flipping donuts.
Cons of the Zinnor Automatic Donut Machine
- The cost of the machine is expensive but it does save energy and time making it a valuable investment.
Where to Get the Zinnor
You can get it on Amazon, you can click here to see the current price of it there.
Things To Look For When Buying a Donut Maker
If you are looking to buy a donut maker machine here are some things to consider:
1-The Number of Donuts Plates or Pans
Each model of Donut Maker will bake a different number of donuts at the same time.
They are limited by the number of pans that they each have, so if you have a large family I would advocate you investing in one that can make a lot of donuts.
2- Non-stick Donut Plates or Pans
Ensure that the donut maker that you buy have non-stick plates or you will spend your time destroying your donuts trying to remove them.
It will also help make clean up easy and stress-free and you know we all love that!
If you know you are gonna make a lot of donuts I would advocate spending a bit more money to get a premium brand that will handle more usage.
4- The Price
Donut Makers have varying price range some being super affordable whilst others are abit more pricey.
5- Ease of use
There are different designs of donut makers some being more complicated with a ton features whilst some being super simple and easy to use. Dont worry keep on reading to learn more, I got you covered.
6- Time it takes to bake
Some donut makers bake super fast they tend to be premium brands which are more expensive whilst some take a bit more longer.
7- Commercial or Home
Some donut makers are ideal for large scale production more suitable for a business whilst others are more like appliances for your kitchen.