In my home, we love boiled eggs but it’s always a struggle to peel the shell off perfectly. I have lost count of the times I have wasted, standing over the sink trying to carefully remove the shell, just to watch them chip, break apart and turn to mush at the last moment.
But if you use an egg peeler you can quickly and easily peel your boiled eggs. So I did a lot of research and I compiled a list to help you select the egg peeler that is right for you.
The best egg peelers are:
- The Negg Boiled Egg Peeler (A premium brand, that is very easy to use)
- Grania Egg Stripper (Can peel 5 eggs at the same time)
- EZ Eggs Hard-Boiled Egg Peeler (3 eggs at the same time)
- Fox Run Hard-Boiled Egg Piercer (You need to pierce the egg before boiling)
- Eggstractor (The most affordable)
- EggXactPeel Egg Peeler (Suitable for soft boiled eggs and is very kids friendly)
1. The Negg Boiled Egg Peeler (Easiest to Use)
Negg made a clever plastic egg peeler that works by just shaking the egg with a small amount of water which causes the shell to slide off without damaging the egg itself.
Egg peeling is the nemesis of most home cooks so the creator of Negg really sought out to create a device that would be simple to use and be an extreme time saver.
A little back story on the creators of this ingenious device, they were new to the manufacturing world and did not have much experience so they created their first Negg prototype on a 3D printer in their local Connecticut library. Their mission was to make their entire production, from manufacturing to shipping Made in America.
You can see how the Negg Egg Peeler works in the video below.
Where to Get the Negg Egg Peeler
Pros of the Negg Boiled Egg Peeler
- Very easy to use just add water and shake until the shell slides off.
- It Saves Time as the shell comes off in seconds.
- Made well, very compact and sturdy so it will last you a long time.
- Has a clear body so you can see how the shaking is progressing with the peeling of the shell.
- Made in a variety of colors so you can choose one to suit your preference.
- Made in the USA.
Cons of the Negg Boiled Egg Peeler
- The price is higher compared to some other egg peelers on this list.
- Can only peel one egg at a time so might not be great for commercial purposes
2. Grania Egg Stripper (Can Peel 5 Eggs at the same time)
The Grania Egg Stripper is the simple solution, to quickly remove egg shells from three-five eggs at once in under 10 seconds. It has a unique, crystal clear, sleek egg shape design with over 100 nodules on the inside to help loosen the shell.
They carefully designed the egg stripper to limit the amount of mess in your kitchen by creating it with a large base and opening in the middle so that you easily add and remove eggs the eggs as well as the shell remnants. You can also flip the lid upside down into the base to save storage.
You can see how it works in the video below
Where to Get the Grania Egg Stripper
Amazon usually has the Grania Egg Stripper in Stock, you can click here to see the current price for one there.
Pros of the Grania Egg Stripper
- Can peel 5 eggs at the same time in under 10 seconds.
- Saves lots of time.
- Easy to use just cook, chill, shake and peel.
- Can be used to store up to 10 eggs at a time.
- BPA Free, Easy Storage, and Dishwasher Safe.
Cons of the Grania Egg Stripper
- Larger in size than the other egg peelers featured.
3.EZ Eggs Hard Boil Egg Peeler (3 eggs capacity)
The EZ Eggs Egg Peeler is similar to the Grania Egg Stripper in the way it is designed and shaped but it only has a 3 eggs capacity.
It has a patented elliptical design with interior engineered nodules that instantly loosen and peel eggs as you shake. Just shake and you have peeled eggs in seconds.
Pros of the EZ Eggs Egg Peeler
- Easy to use.
- Crystal clear plastic design allows you to see the progress of the shell stripping.
- Peel 3 eggs in less time than it would take to peel 1 egg.
- Made from BPA FREE durable plastic that is dishwasher safe.
- Compact and nests for easy storage and can be used to stores eggs in the refrigerator.
Cons of the EZ Eggs Egg Peeler
- Larger in size than some of the other egg peeler featured.
Where to Get an EZ Egg Peeler
4. Fox Run Hard-Boiled Egg Piercer (pierce the egg before boiling)
Fox Run Hard-Boiled Egg Peeler works differently from all the other peelers featured. This handy gadget features a stainless steel needle to easily pierce your eggs before boiling them. This makes peeling the egg after boiling easier than ever. Shells almost fall off by themselves.
Pros of the Fox Run Hard Boiled Egg Piercer
- Makes peeling easier. To use, simply press the large end of the egg down over the egg piercing needle.
- Very affordable price.
- The egg piercer is made of durable ABS plastic and has a food grade stainless steel needle.
- Creating this tiny hole in the egg prevents the shells from cracking while boiling.
- It also features a safety lock, which you can turn so the needle will not be exposed for safe storage.
Cons of the Fox Run Hard Boiled Egg Piercer
- Difficult to clean. Has to be hand washed only.
Where to Get a Fox Run Egg Piercer
5. Eggstractor (A Budget-Friendly Egg Peeler
The Eggstractor is a handy, lightweight tool that is used to automatically shell a hard-boiled egg. It uses a different technique from most other egg peelers to remove the shell.
The Extractor works by puncturing the eggshell at both ends, and then the complete egg is inserted about half of its length into the tool. When either water or air pressure is then applied to the tool the egg is squirted out of its shell and the open end of the tool.
Pros of the Eggstractor
- Quicker than peeling the shell off an egg by hand.
- More affordable than most other egg peelers,
Cons of the Eggstractor
- It has a steep learning curve and you need to follow instructions perfectly for this egg peeler to work.
- Can only be used for hard-boiled eggs.
- Can only peel one egg at a time and therefore might not be suitable for commercial purposes.
Where to Get the Eggstractor
Amazon usually has good deals for the Eggstractor, you can click here to see the current price for one there.
You can check out how to use the Eggstractor Here.
6. EggXactPeel Peeler (Suited for Soft Boiled Eggs)
The EggXactPeel Peeler is a quick, easy, and fun way to get your kids involved in cooking by helping them to peel boiled eggs.
To use the peeler which is made with a plastic blade just crack, peel and remove eggshells. Just gently insert the boiled egg peeler under the cracked shell, follow around the egg to remove the shell and membrane in an instant.
Pros of the Fusion Brands EggXactPeel Egg Peeler
- The plastic kids-friendly blade can be used for cracking raw or cooked eggs, by using the cracking side to crack the raw eggs or the peeler end to help remove the stubborn shell.
- Easy to store as well as clean.
- It has a slim design that is great for lunch boxes or traveling.
- Can be used for soft boiled eggs as well as hard.
Cons of the Fusion Brands EggXactPeel Egg Peeler
- Can only peel one egg at a time so it will take a while to do lots of eggs.