The Best Pancake Art Kits are:
- Whiskware Pancake Art Kit (Ideal for a Beginner)
- Blackstone Pancake Art Kit (Very Affordable)
- Writer Bottles (Suitable for more experienced pancake art makers)
- Presto PanGogh Art kit (Very kids friendly)
- Foodstirs Pancake Art Kit (Uses Organic Ingredients)
Have you ever seen those fun pancakes in various shapes, colors, and, designs and wanted to know how to make them?
Now a lot of people think that making pancake art is tough but with a pancake kit, it can be easier than you think.
And this article will guide you on choosing the very best pancake art kit and how to use it to create your own jaw-dropping Pancakes, that are guaranteed to “Wow” everyone.
What is a Pancake Art Kit?
To start making pancake art you will need the standard ingredients that you normally use to make pancakes and some special tools that will help you to create and design pancakes of different colors and shapes.
And this is when a kit will come in handy, you see a pancake kit comes with most of the tools needed to make various pancake art.
A good pancake kit should include:
- A Variety of Sizes of Squeeze Bottles, and must include bottles with thin tips – This will help you to shape your pancake creations.
- Molds to Shape the Pancake – If you find it difficult to use squeeze bottles, a mold will help you to easily shape your pancakes.
- Gel Food Coloring for Batter – gel food coloring is best to get a variety of colors for your batter. However, food coloring is optional because not everyone will want a colorful pancake.
1. Whiskware Pancake Art Kit (Beginner Friendly)
Wiskware Kit is very simple to use and yet it allows you to make a wide variety of different pancake designs. This makes it the perfect kit for any beginner to the world of pancake art.
This kit comes with a pancake art bottle which allows you to make fun and intricate designs or you can use the included mold to easily to create fun shapes.
One of the Wiskware Kit’s unique features is that it allows you to mix up your pancake batter with the Batter Mixer and Dispenser without dirtying any bowls or spoons.
You can see it in action in the video below.
The Whiskware Pancake Art Kit includes:
Batter Mixer– The Whiskware Batter Mixer mixes a smooth batter in seconds. All you need to do is add your ingredients to the batter mixer, drop in the heavy-duty BlenderBall whisk, and shake. No need to use an additional mixing bowl. The Pancake Batter Mixer has just over 4 Cups of capacity.
Art Bottle – The silicone tip provides perfect control that allows you to shape your pancakes by using the batter to draw onto a hot pan or stove. You can pour batter into the greased pancake shapers or straight onto the griddle into the shape of your choice. The Art Bottle holds a little less than 2 cups of batter.
Two silicone shapers or Molds – These are heat resistant silicone pancake shapers for fast, easy pancake designs. One is shaped like a dinosaur and the other like a gingerbread man.
BlenderBall whisk -The surgical-grade, stainless steel ball whips around inside the bottle as it shakes to blend the ingredients up which eliminates the need for a hand whisk.
Pros of the Whiskware Pancake Art Kit
- No need to use a mixing bowl or whisk to make your pancake batter.
- The Whiskware Batter Mixer uses a patented mixing system to deliver smooth batters in seconds.
- Both bottles come with spin on/off tops and that would make it super easy to store batter in fridge.
- The silicone tip of the bottles provides perfect control and won’t melt if touched to the pan or griddle (up to 440° F).
- If you are new to pancake art, the silicone molds help to perfect your kid friendly designs.
Cons of the Whiskware Pancake Art Kit
- There are only two bottles to make your pancake art, so if you plan on using a variety of colors for your pancake you may need to buy multiple kits.
2. Blackstone Pancake Art Kit ( Very Affordable)
The Blackstone Pancake Art Maker is a very affordable pancake art kit and it comes with a variety of different sizes of art bottles that can be used for different colors.
Plus it comes with molds that you can use to easily create fun pancake art or come up with your own designs by following the guidelines in the included instruction booklet.
The Blackstone Pancake Art Kit Includes:
- Two 16-ounce batter bottles- You can Pour batter into the greased pancake shapers or straight onto the griddle into the shape of your choice.
- Four 8-ounce batter bottles- You can use the smaller bottles to add more detail or color to your creations.
- Three pancake molds- which are heat resistant and shaped in the form of a bear, a dinosaur, and a pig.
Pros of the Blackstone Pancake Art Kit
- In my opinion, The Blackstone kit is very affordable since you get several high-quality squeeze bottles.
- The batter bottles have beautiful designs and each bottle has a different color.
- Bottles are made of durable plastic that allows you to draw your designs easily on a griddle or pan.
- Molds are metal but have little grips that help to take them off the hot pan.
- Molds are very large and make big pancake designs.
Cons of the Blackstone Pancake Art Kit
- Unlike the Whiskware Pancake Art Kit, the tips of the batter bottles of Blackstone Art kit are not heat resistant so they cannot come into close contact with a hot pan or griddle.
- It does not come with a bottle to mix the pancake batter so you will need to do this with a mixing bowl and whisk before putting it the art bottles.
3. Writer Bottles by Free Hand (Suitable for Experienced Pancake Art Makers)
If you have been doing pancake art for some time and you are experienced at shaping as well as using different colors to create your designs, then the Writer Bottles are the one for you.
The Writer Bottles Kit Includes:
10 different Easy Squeeze Applicator Bottles – 5 bottles in the 2 Ounce size and 5 bottles in the 1 ounce size.
Pros of The Writer Bottles
- Transparent applicator bottles which make it very convenient to distinguish different color batters.
- Plastic dispensing writer bottles can be used for a wide array of purposes such as pancake art, cookie, and cake decorating.
- The bottles have adjustable tips that can easily be enlarged by cutting the tip to make the opening bigger.
Cons of The Writer Bottles
- Unlike the Whiskware Pancake Art Kit, the tips of the batter bottles from the Writer Bottles kits are not heat resistant so they cannot come into close contact with a hot pan or griddle.
- Doesn’t include any molds to shape your pancakes.
- This kit doesn’t come with a bottle to mix the pancake batter so you will need to use a mixing bowl and a whisk before putting it the art bottles.
4. Presto Pancake Art kit (Kids friendly)
The Presto Pancake Kits are geared towards kids and are a fun activity to help get your kids involved in cooking.
However, while suited for kids it is important to note that close supervision should be given to kids under the age of 13 using this kit as it comes with a griddle that obviously would generate some form of heat.
The Presto Pancake Art Kit includes:
- A cool-touch griddle with nonstick coating
- Two fine-tipped and two standard-tipped batter bottles
- Double-sided nonstick pancake art template.
Pros of the Presto PanGogh Pancake Art Kit
- Includes a Pancake Griddle.
- Griddle features a canvas-colored nonstick coating and four-sided cool-touch surround that doubles as a frame for your pancake art.
- Griddle can also be great for fried eggs, french toast, cottage fries, and grilled cheese.
- If you are not great at using the bottles to shape your creations, the templates help to guide you.
- The bottles have two size tips to help make your shapes more creative.
Cons of the Presto Pancake Art Kit
- Unlike the Whiskware Pancake Art Kit, the tips of the batter bottles of the Presto Art bottles are not heat resistant so they cannot come into close contact with a hot pan or griddle.
- It does not come with a bottle to mix the pancake batter so you will need to do this with a mixing bowl and whisk before putting the batter into the art bottles.
- The griddle is small and makes two small pancakes so it may not be suitable for large families.
5. Foodstirs Pancake Art Kit
The Foodstirs Pancake Kit features organic coloring to use in your pancake batter as well as organic pancake mix.
The Foodstirs Organic Pancake Art Kit includes:
- 1 Foodstirs Organic Sunday Stacks Pancake Mix
- 1 Natural Blue Plant-Based Dye Packet
- 1 Natural Pink Plant-Based Dye Packet
- 1 Natural Orange/Yellow Plant-Based Dye Packet
- 3 Foodstirs Squeeze Bottles
- 1 Pancake Art Inspiration Activity Sheet
Pros of the Foodstirs Organic Pancake Art Kit
- This is the only Kit that includes coloring as well as batter mix they are all organically certified.
- The bottles are also great for creating lots of shapes and designs.
- The kit includes an activity sheet with lots of ideas to try.
Cons of the Foodstirs Organic Pancake Art Kit
- No molds are given with this kit.
- Tips are not heat resistant, so you have to be careful with it.