The 7 Best Pancake and Egg Molds are:
- Cuisinart Pancake Mold (Very easy to use & made of high-quality material)
- Norpro Metal Pancakes Molds (Makes perfect heart-shaped pancake)
- YumYum Pancake Molds (Very Budget-friendly)
- Slomg Eggs and Pancake Molds (Has a variety of shapes)
- Norpro Silicone Nonstick Molds
- Nordic Ware Pancake Pan (Ideal for kids)
- William Sonoma Pancake Molds (Has movie themed character molds)
Making your pancakes into different and amazing shapes is one of the easiest ways to brighten any breakfast, brunch, or special holiday.
These days, you can find a variety of pancake molds in almost every shape, from perfectly shaped hearts, your favorite cartoons, to emojis, and of course the classic round shape.
So we did the research for you to find the very best pancake molds to easily make your pancakes into different shapes and sizes.
1. Cuisinart Ultimate Pancake Mold Set
Cuisinart has one of the best high-quality pancake and egg mold available, and they are the molds that I recommend to most individuals.
For decades now, Cuisinart has been renowned for its consistently high-quality products and their pancake molds are no different.
- It comes with two 4 inch Egg rings, one 8-inch, and one 6-inch pancake mold
- Non-stick: each ring has a non-stick coating that helps prevent sticking.
- There is also a handle to hold onto when flipping the pancakes so you don’t get burnt.
- The handle also folds down for compact storage.
Pros of the Cuisinart Ring Set
- You can make a variety of different sizes of pancakes with this set.
- Multipurpose: It can also be used for other foods such as poached eggs, omelets, patties, etc.
- Very Durable: Molds are made of sturdy material so they won’t bend or lose their shape.
- They can be used to make thick pancakes because the rings have deep depth.
- Easy to Clean: Molds are coated with a non-stick coating making them easy to wash.
- Very Easy to Use: You can check out the video to see how to use them.
Cons of the Cuisinart Ring Set
- The handles may get hot while cooking so you have to use protective gloves while removing the rings.
Where to Get Cuisinart Pancake Molds
2. Norpro Metal Heart Pancake/Egg Rings
Norpro has been a consistent brand when it comes to quality products and its line of pancake molds is no different.
They offer two main types of molds; the ones made of silicone ones or the molds made of metal. I generally recommend using a metal mold for beginners since it tends to be easier to use.
- It measures 4in/10cm and has 2 heart-shaped rings
- Nonstick coating for easy release and clean up.
- Wood handles stay cool while cooking and fold down for easy storage.
Pros of Norpro’s Metal Molds
- Easy to Use
- Very durable – Norpro metal molds are very tough and will last you a long time
- Easy to Clean – They are non-stick making them very easy clean.
- Handles on molds provide protection from being burnt while the pancake is being flipped.
- Affordably Priced.
Cons of Norpro Metal Molds
- The batter has to be poured slowly so that a base forms at the bottom of the mold, this is to prevent the batter from leaking out of the mold.
Where to Get Norpro Metal Pancake Molds
They offer different two metal sets:
1- A Heart-shaped Mold Set that comes with 2 heart-shaped molds that each can hold 1/4 cup batter or 1 raw egg. Amazon usually has them at good prices you can click here to see the current price.
2- A Rounds Shaped Mold Set which includes 2 perfectly round shaped molds, you can click here to see the current price on Amazon.
3. YumYum Utensils Egg Rings & Pancake Mold
Yum Yum pancake and egg mold is the perfect mold when you are shopping on a budget.
Pros of the YumYum Utensils
- Very affordable: Comes with 4 non-stick premium silicone rings at a very budget-friendly price.
- Easy to clean -Dishwasher friendly
- Unlike metal egg rings premium silicone molds never scratch your best pan
- Flexible but rigid enough not to bend out of shape
- The Round shaped 4 inch pancakes are easy to get off the pan
- The handle stays cool to allow you to check if it’s flipping time plus the Handle flips down for easy storage
Cons of the Yum Yum Utensils
- More Difficult to Use: Silicone molds are a bit more tedious to work with since if you aren’t careful the pancake batter can seep out.
- More Prone to be Damaged: Compared to the metal molds silicone molds can more easily be torn and damaged.
Where to Get Yum Yum Pancake Molds
You can get a Yum Yum Pancake and Egg Mold set on Amazon, who usually have them at a really good price, you can click here to see the current price there.
4. Slomg Pancake Mold Stainless Steel Set
If you are looking for a pancake mold set with a variety of fun shapes that kids will love, The Slomg Egg Shaping and Pancake Molds Set is perfect. The set comes with 8 different shapes to choose from.
- It comes with 8 different shapes a circle, a heart, a flower, a star, a mickey mouse, a bear, an apple, and an elephant.
- Made from Premium Food Grade Stainless Steel – It’s odorless and nontoxic.
- It’s also NONSTICK
- Hand washable and Dishwasher Safe
- Has a handle that makes for easy flipping of the pancakes
Pros of the Slomg Egg Shaping and Pancake Mold Set
- It has a variety of shapes.
- It is easy to clean, because it can be hand washed and is also dish washer safe.
- Slomg can also be used as a cookie cutter.
Cons of the Slomg Egg Shaping and Pancake Mold Set
- Thin Batters may seep out of the mold.
Where to Get Slomg Pancake Molds
5. Norpro Silicone Egg/Pancake Molds
This Norpro Silicone Mold is perfect for making perfect round 4-inch round pancakes, eggs and so much more.
- Made of Sturdy non-stick silicone material
- Handles stay cool for safe and easy removal from the pan
- Handles can be bent down slightly when using a lid. Bend all the way down for easy storage
Pros of the Norpro Silicone Pancake Mold
- Easy to clean and Dishwasher safe.
- Deep enough to easily add extras like veggies, cheese, or cooked ham or bacon.
- Silicone is heat resistant to 500°F/260°C.
Cons of the Norpro Silicone Pancake Mold
- You have to ensure that the base of the frying pan or griddle you are using is flat or the batter will seep out.
Where to Get Norpro Silicone Pancake Mold
6. Nordic Ware Pancake Pans
Nordic Ware Pancake Pans are a great way of adding interest to regular pancakes. Kids will love the fun faces and designs on their pancakes plus the brand has a number of different design themes to choose from.
- Has a variety of themes to choose such as a smiley face pan, holiday pan, etc
- Each pan has 7 pancake molds with different designs on each mold
- Made of durable cast Aluminum with phenolic handle
- Compatible with induction stoves
- Measures 17.5″L x 10.5″W x 2.25″H
- 10-Year Warranty
- Made in the USA with handle from China
Pros of the Nordic Ware Pancake Pans
- Can cook 7 small pancakes at the same time.
- Made of very high-quality, non-stick surface, which helps your pancakes to never stick.
- It makes uniformly cooked pancakes with a very clear image on one side of the pancake.
- The handle stays cool when the pan is heated
- Easy to Use, you can check out the video below to see how to use it.
Cons of the Nordic Ware Pancake Pans
- It is very pricey.
- It can be difficult to flip the pancakes.
Where to Get Nordic Pancake Pans
Even though Nordic Pancake Pans can be pricey, Amazon usually has them at fair prices, you can click here to see the current price there.
7. William Sonona Pancake Molds
William Sonoma carries a variety of different types of pancake molds including many characters or elements from famous movies such as Harry Potter and Star Wars Pancake Molds.
These molds are made from high-quality silicone that is heat resistant up to 500°F and will not fade or discolor with time. You can click here to find out more about the several types of molds for pancakes available for sale at William Sonoma.
Tips to follow when using pancake molds
Follow these tips to make the perfect shaped pancakes using pancake molds:
- Use soften or melted butter, vegetable oil, or spray nonstick cooking spray to grease the inner surface of each mold before putting any batter into them. This will help the pancakes to stop sticking to the molds and also release easily, leaving a clean well defined shaped pancake.
- Place the molds on the griddle or in a pan, with the handle facing up, and preheat the molds until it is very hot. This is a common mistake that people make. If you don’t preheat the mold you will end up with pancakes sticking to their molds.
- Experiment to find out the exact temperature for using the type of pancake molds you own. Read and follow all instructions that your pancake mold may come with.
- Pancake batters expand slightly as the pancakes cook. So Don’t overfill the molds; the batter should come no more than two-thirds of the way up the sides. If you use too much batter you risk the batter running over.
- Use a tool that allows you to control the precision over where to place your batter. A squeeze bottle such as a pancake pen, you can click here to read my recommendations for pancake batter pens, or you can even use a condiment bottle with a narrow tip to give you maximum control over where to place the batter, so there will be no untidy drips in the pan. A regular spoon can also be used but it will just take a little more patience and care when filling small molds.
- Cook the pancakes as you normally would, it usually takes 2 minutes until bubbles form on the surface and the batter begins shrink away from the molds, then carefully lift the molds away from the pancakes and set aside. If you attempt to remove the molds too soon, the pancakes won’t hold their shape. Patience and gentleness will be key to removing the mold.
- Once the molds are removed, gently flip the pancakes over using a thin flat spatula. Allow your pancakes to cook for two more minutes on the other side or until the undersides are golden brown.
- Use immediately or set aside until needed.
- If you plan on making more pancakes using the same mold, wipe the mold clean with a clean dry cloth or kitchen towel, grease the mold once again, then preheat it.