7 Best Empanada Makers 2021 – To Make Cooking Easier
An Empanada maker is a handy little gadget that helps you make and enjoy an Empanada without spending a lot of time or effort in the kitchen. Citation.
The Best Empanada Makers are:
- Holstein Empanada & Arepa Maker (Best versatility)
- PAMISO Large Empanada Press (A high-quality manual Empanada Maker)
- Cucina Pro Empanada & Churro Maker Machine (Comes with removable cooking plates)
- Brentwood Empanada Maker (A Premium Maker)
- Royal Arepa Maker (Ideal for large Families)
- IMUSA Jumbo Empanada Press (A budget-friendly Empanada Press)
- Bella Betty Empanada Press (A manual press that makes Small or Mini Empanadas)
Now if you have never had an Empanada, you’re missing out. Empanadas are basically stuffed dough pockets that are either filled with a sweet or savory filling.
The dough itself is often made from wheat flour but can be made with corn flour as well. For a dessert Empanada, you can make a sweeter dough by using almond flour, chocolate, and a slew of spices
What is an Empanada Maker.
Traditionally Empanada Makers were used to press and seal the dough together to create the shape of the empanadas, which also prevents the filling from coming out of the pockets but newer models can also bake the Empanadas.
Types of Empanada Maker
1- Empanada Makers can be a Manual Press that is used to only create the traditional shape of an Empanada and to seal the filling in the dough.
2- An Electrical Empanada Maker can mold and seal the Empanada just like a conventional press but it can also cook the empanadas by baking them with heated plates.
Empanadas are often confused with Calzones so if you want to learn the difference between these two delicacies you can read my article The difference between Empanadas and Calzones.
1. Holstein Housewares Empanada & Arepa Maker
Holstein Housewares Empanada & Arepa Maker is an electric Empanada Maker and in my opinion, is one of the most versatile makers on the market capable of making a variety of dishes.
They are made by Holstein Housewares Ltd who are well known for making high-quality durable products.
Pros of Holstein Empanada Maker
1- Makes Healthier Empanadas
Empanada Makers don’t cook their Empanadas by frying them instead they use heated plates that are non stick to bake the Empanadas.
And since they are baked instead of fried there is no need to use any fatty oil which drastically reduces the Empanadas calorie count and cholesterol and thus makes them much healthier. Citation.
2- Allows for Consistent Cooking
These machines’ innovative design allows them to maintain a consistent and optimal temperature for baking your Empanadas. That means that your Empanadas will be baked each time with the consistent texture and taste if you use the same ingredients.
These makers also allow you to make perfectly portioned empanadas or Arepas everytime it makes either
- Two 3.7 inches x 1.8 inches Arepas
- or Four 3.5 inches x 1.8 inches Empanadas.
This takes out a lot of guesswork from your cooking.
3- Very Easy to Use
Holstein Empanada Maker is very simple to use, there is no need to keep a watchful eye as your empanadas are baked in a controlled manner with an allotted time so your Empanadas can’t be burnt easily.
How to Use Holstein Empanada Maker
You can see how to use it in the short video below.
4- Sleek Design
The Holstein Empanada Maker has a modern design, stainless steel, The outer shell comes in a variety of colors for the exterior.
5- Bakes Really Fast
The Holstein makes Empanadas or Arepas extremely quickly and even though this maker is compact it still affords you the ability to quickly bake either 4 empanadas or 2 Arepas at the same time.
The Holstein Design allows it to make a variety of dishes from making Empanadas, Arepas, or even scrambled eggs with a variety of toppings in it.
(An arepa is a type of food made of ground maize dough or cooked flour prominent in the cuisine of Colombia and Venezuela.)
Cons of Holstein Empanada Maker
- It is more expensive than a manual Empanada maker, however, a manual maker does not cook the empanadas just crimps them.
- Will not have the same crunchy texture like Empanadas that were fried.
Who Should Get an Holstein Electric Empanada Maker
- It is perfect for a dorm room or a busy home since it bakes really fast and uses electricity to work
- Great as a Gift
- Non-stick coating keeps food from sticking, & provides for an easy cleanup
- The indicator light lets you know when the maker is done preheating and when it is in use.
- The maker’s upright space-saving design allows for easy storage between uses
- A safety lock ensures the maker stays closed while in use
- Non-slip base for a secure grip on the counter top
- Two empanada inserts included
Where to Get the Holstein Maker
You can get the Holstein Empanada Maker on Amazon at really good prices, you can click here to see their current price.
2. Pamiso Empanada Maker
Pamiso Empanada Maker is a durable and premium high-quality manual Empanada Press.
The Pamiso Press doesn’t bake the Empanada it just molds and seals the empanada dough into the traditional half-moon shape.
Pamiso makes their empanada maker in 3 different sizes allowing you to choose which one is the best size for your needs.
The largest size is 6.4 inches, the medium size is 3.74 inches and the smallest size is 2.95 inches.
Features of the Pamiso Empanada Maker
- It is made of 18/8 stainless steel so it is extremely durable.
- Pamiso Presses are easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- The Empanada Maker has wide press edge that will seal the empanadas well.
- The bottom of this empanada mold may help to press out a round dough.
Pros of the Pamiso Empanada Maker
- It is available for sale in 3 different sizes.
- Less expensive than electronic Empanada makers.
- Durable and easy to clean.
- Allows you to easily make professionally-looking empanadas
- Can be used for other things dishes such as dumplings, pies etc.
Cons of the Pamiso Empanada Maker
- It does not cook the Empanadas like the Electronic Makers.
- A bit more expensive in comparison to other manual Empanada Presses
Where You Can Get The Pamiso Empanada Press
You can get the Pamiso Maker on Amazon, you can click here to see the current price.
3. Cucina Empanada & Churro Maker Machine
The Cucina Empanada Maker works just like The Holstein Maker, being that it’s an electric Empanada maker that allows you to quickly and consistently bake your Empanadas.
The major difference is that the Cucina comes with 4 removable cooking plates and attachments. Which can be easily switched to allow you to make not only Empanadas but Churros as well. Citation.
Having removable plates also makes clean up a breeze because the plates can be taken out and hand washed.
Cucina Pro Maker can make either 2 large empanadas or 6 delicious Churros in minutes.
- Has 4 removable non-stick plates which allow you to make either Empanadas or Churros
- Dough cutting circle is included- makes it easy to measure the perfect amount of dough every time.
- Plates are non-stick
Pros of the Cucina Pro Empanada and Churro Maker
- Comes with Attachments and Plates that are removable and can be interchanged which allows it to make either Churros or Empanadas
- Having removable plates also means that the plates can be washed easier
- No need to use oil to cook thus it makes healthier Empanadas or Churros
Cons of the Cucina Pro Empanada & Churro Maker
- Cucina Maker tends to be more expensive.
Where to Get Cucina Empanada Maker
You can click here to see the current price of the Cucina Empanada Maker on Amazon.
4. Brentwood Empanada Maker
The Brentwood Empanada Maker is a more premium electric Empanada Maker and is very similar to the Holstein.
Generally, the Brentwood Brand is known for its high-quality products.
- It can bake 4 empanadas at once.
- It has a timer with Auto Shutoff which gives you the perfect timer for cooking and allows for consistent cooking.
- It gives you the Turnover Mold/cutter which allows you to create the perfect size empanada for the maker.
- Brentwood also has a Nonstick Cooking Surface that makes clean up a breeze.
Pros of the Brentwood Empanada Maker
- Stands Upright For Easy Storage.
- Very durable and will last a long time.
- Cooks Healthier, No need to use oil for making the Empanadas.
Cons Of the Brentwood Empanada Maker
- It is the most expensive Empanada Maker featured in this article.
You can click here to see the current price of the Brentwood Empanada Maker on Amazon.
5. Royal Arepa Maker
The Royal Arepa Maker is an electric Arepa maker but it also can be used to make round shaped Empanadas.
Its the perfect Arepa and Empanada maker for large families or for entertaining because it has 6 cooking plates allowing you to make 6 Empanadas at once.
- Royal Arepa Maker or Empanada Maker has non stick surfaces for easy Cooking & Clean up.
- A Smart toast control dial that bakes your empanada to perfection
- It has a lock-tight lid that secures your empanadas inside the device making it Spill Proof.
- The Dimensions are 14L x 12W x 5H inches which allow you to save space.
Pros of the Royal Arepa Maker
- It is perfect for large families because it can bake 6 empanadas at the same time.
- It can also make Arepas which is made from Arepa flour or Masarepa, a type of corn flour that’s similar but not quite the same as “masa,” used primarily in tamales and other Mexican dishes.
- Empanadas or Arepas will be healthier since they are baked not fried.
Cons of the Royal Arepa Maker
- The pans are shallow so they make thin Arepas or small empanadas.
- It does not make empanadas in the traditional half-moon shape.
6. IMUSA Jumbo Empanada Maker
The Imusa Jumbo Empanada Maker is an affordable Empanada Press for molding large (JUMBO) dumplings and empanadas.
This Imusa allows you to create a 7-inch perfect Empanada shape by pressing the edges together and sealing the pastry together.
You can use the large plastic mold to easily stuff any sort of dough with your favorite savory or sweet filling before frying them with oil or baking them in an oven.
Features of the Imusa Jumbo Empanada Maker
- It is made from Durable Plastic
- It will Create the traditional half-moon shape of an Empanada
- Imusa Empanada Maker will Seals the Stuffing Inside Dough and Create a decorative Ridged Edge design on the Empanada.
- Very simple to Use and Clean because it can be washed by hand.
Pros of the Imusa Jumbo Empanada Maker
- It creates large size Empanandas or other stuffed dough recipes.
- The Imusa Empanada Maker gives your empanadas a clean, professional look and is definitely better than a fork.
- This tool will become a kitchen essential because it makes food prep a breeze.
- Clean up is easy because this maker can be submerged in water.
- Cheaper than a electric Empanada Maker.
Cons of the Imusa Jumbo Empanada Maker
- It does not cook the empanadas like the other empanada makers featured above rather it is more of a mold for creating the shape of the empanadas and sealing them.
Where to Get IMUSA Empanada Press
You can get one on Amazon, click here to see the current price for an IMUSA Empanada Press.
7. Belle Betty Dumpling Maker
The Belle Betty is not only a dumpling maker but it can also function as an Empanada Press or Pie Press.
It makes small size empanadas, The maker is about 3.74 inches in diameter.
This Maker can be used to cut the circles from the dough as well as for pressing the edges together and sealing it shut.
Features of the Belle Betty Dumpling Maker
- Very easy to Use but you must spray the maker with oil before cutting the dough out.
- Great for food preparation.
- Makes your empanadas look professional.
- It is stainless steel so it will be durable.
Pros of the Belle Betty Dumpling Maker
- Less expensive than electronic Empanada makers.
- It is hand and dishwasher safe so it is durable and easy to clean.
- It makes empanadas that are uniform and sealed with a decorative edge so it looks professional.
- It can be used for other things such as dumplings, pies etc.
- Easy to store because it is small in size.
- It can be used to cut the circles out of the dough before shaping the empanadas.
Cons of the Belle Betty Dumpling Maker
- You need to oil the maker before using it.
- It does not cook the empanadas like the electric makers.
You can get the Belle Betty Dumpling Maker on Amazon, click to see the current price there.